Saturday, June 2, 2012

Is video help me in understanding the story better? (5)


I read I skipped, I read I skipped and I only read the interesting scenes. I did this for several times until Act 2 and I realized I was lost in the middle of the story. When I tried to recall the story in Act 1, I could not! Ahh…what happened to me? How come I could not recall the story? I only stopped reading for 3 days and now I forgot the story?

Okay…now I have to go back to the analysis of Act 1. Again, I realized not much information sticks in my head! I could only remember some parts of the story. The parts that I remembered the most are where Lady Macbeth tries to convince Macbeth to kill Duncan and when she challenges Macbeth by saying he is not a man but coward in Scene 7. 

I told my friends the problem that I faced. Some of my friends said they understand better when they watch movies in Youtube. So I tried to watch the videos too. However, it did not help me much because the videos are in simplified version. Not in term of the language but the story line. The videos that I watched only show the surface of the story but not in detailed. It caused me lose some important information in the story. Then I tried to search for the complete movie. I watched the complete version while looking at the text. Not much changes. The only good thing was at least I can see their movement from one place to another. For example in Act 5 Scene 1, Lady Macbeth enters the room and talks to herself. I don’t know that she is actually sleepwalking until I watched the movie. When I read the text (before watching the movie), I was quite blurred because I thought Lady Macbeth is aware of what she’s doing. Plus, the conversation between the doctor, gentlewoman and Lady Macbeth confused me as they have turn-taking in the conversation. So I thought they are talking to one another but the content did not make sense to me.

        Hhmmm… What I can say is; movie did help me in understanding the story better but not 100%.     

~ Emily Yoong Ai Nee ~ 154565 ~ Entry 5 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment